One would think there's nothing wrong with consensual sex between adults. The lawmakers in these regions, however, think otherwise. These sex laws - some still enforced, mind you - will get a couple of laughs and shocked faces from you.
Here are the list of countries with weird sex laws:
It is illegal for two adult men to have sex in the same house as a third person.
Liverpool: a woman is prohibited by law to walk around topless, unless she is selling exotic fish at the market.
London: it's illegal to have sex on a parked motorcycle.
Birmingham: it is illegal for a man and woman to have sex "on the steps of any church after the sun goes down".
It is illegal to kiss on railways in France.
A man may be arrested for wearing a skirt.
Pompeii: a special law was directed at prostitutes. They had to dye their hair either blue, red or yellow in order to be able to work.
In 17th century Spain, it was illegal for anyone other than a woman's husband to see her bare feet. A woman could freely expose her breasts, but feet were considered sexual and had to be covered in the presence of men other than her husband.
While prostitution is legal, it is illegal to use the services of a prostitute.
In Nepal, Bangladesh and Macau
it is against the law to view movies containing simulated lovemaking or the pubic area of men and women. The law also does not allow kisses to be shown in any film that includes actors from these three countries.
In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's lover may be killed in any manner desired.
If a person is caught masturbating, they may serve a sentence of up to 2 years and 8 months.
Men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female.
It is illegal to kiss a stranger.
The first portion of this Mardudjara Aboriginal rite involves a circumcision followed by the circumcised male ingesting his own foreskin.
After he heals up, the penis is then cut lengthwise on the underside, sometimes all the way to the scrotum. Blood is then dripped over a fire in order to purify it.
From then on, the male will urinate from the underside of his penis instead of the urethra.
"Even the ebb and flow of the Nile was thought to be caused by Atum's (the God of Creation) ejaculation. This concept spurred the Egyptian Pharaohs to ritually masturbate into the Nile to ensure an abundance of water."
It's "an excusable act of passion" in Colombia, South America, for a man to murder his wayward wife when he finds the woman in bed with her lover.
If the husband "personally witnesses the corrupt sexual activity," he's allowed to shoot his unfaithful spouse.
Such adultery-related homicides aren't even prosecuted.
• Alabama - Incestuous marriages are legal.
• Alaska - Fairbanks: moose are banned from having sex on city streets.
• Arizona - You may not have more than two dildos in the same house.
• Arkansas - Little Rock: flirtation and "lascivious banter" between men and women on the streets may result in a 30-day jail term.
• California - It's illegal to sell stuffed items resembling breasts ("boobie pillows") within 1000 feet of a highway. Walnut: no man shall dress as a woman without the written permission of the sheriff.
• Colorado - Adams County: male massage parlor workers must wear all white clothing. Keeping a house where unmarried persons are allowed to have sex is prohibited.
• Florida - Married couples (as well as singles) cannot engage in open "lewdness or lascivious behavior
• Georgia - The term "sadomasochistic abuse" is defined so broadly, that it could possibly be applied to a person handcuffing another in a clown suit.All sex toys are banned.
• Illinois - If you sell a reptile, you must give a written warning not to "nuzzle or kiss" them.
• Indiana - It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.
• Iowa - Kisses may last for no more than five minutes.
• Kansas - Illegal "sodomy" includes oral sex, but anal penetration with a finger is allowed under specified circumstances.
• Kentucky - Dogs must not molest property or people.Until 1975, people wearing bathing suits on any city street were required have a police escort.
• Louisiana - Necrophilia is legal.New Orleans: it's illegal to use fortune-telling, astrology or palmistry to "settle lovers quarrels.
• Massachusetts - Making noise in a public library is a crime against "chastity, morality, decency and good order.
• Michigan - A man who seduces or corrupts an unmarried woman faces five years in prison.Flint: low-riding pants that expose underwear are a Class B offense. But if they expose butt cleavage, they're a Class A offense.
• Mississippi - It's illegal to teach others what polygamy is.Adultery or premarital sex results in a fine of $500 or 6 months in prison.
• Montana - Prostitution is a "crime against the family.
• Nebraska - You can't get married if you have gonorrhea.
•Nevada - Sale of sex toys is illegal.
• New Hampshire - Kidderville: lingerie must not be hung on a clothesline at the airport, unless there's a screen concealing it.
• New Jersey - Haddon: flirting is illegal.
• New Mexico - Nudity is allowed as long as genitals and female nipples are covered.
• New York - Adultery is illegal.
• North Carolina - Adultery is illegal. And so is pretending to be married in order to share a hotel room.
• North Dakota - Fargo: it was illegal to swim naked in the Red River between 8 AM and 8 PM.Grand Forks: it's against the law to fail to confine a dog or cat in heat.
• Ohio - No person shall solicit sex from another of the same gender if it offends the second person.
• Oklahoma - It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to engage in "acts, or simulated acts, of sexual intercourse, masturbation, sodomy, bestiality, oral copulation, flagellation, or any sexual acts which are otherwise prohibited by law." So, no simulated intercourse or animal sex.
• Oregon - It's illegal to lie down in a public restroom, or for two people to share a stall meant for one.
• Pennsylvania - Oral and anal sex are illegal. You cannot cohabit with an "ancestor or descendant.
• South Carolina - If a man promises to marry a woman and she sleeps with him, the marriage must take place.
• South Dakota - Public erections are illegal.
• Tennessee - Students may not hold hands in school.
• Texas - It's illegal to own more than six dildos.
• Utah - It's illegal to marry your first cousin before the age of 65 — or 55 if you can prove both parties are infertile.Salt Lake City: an adult cannot show sex paraphernalia to a minor, unless they're your own child.
• Virginia - Adultery is a misdemeanor. Obscenity is a bigger crime if you use a computer.
• Washington - If you give a sex worker a ride to work, your car can be confiscated.
If you are looking for an adventurous journey with lots of amazing sights and exciting cultures, mentioned in this list, then start planning your thrilling adventure with Trekeffect!